Springbar® Tents are simple to set-up. One person and a few minutes is all it takes.
Questions about setup? We’re happy to help - contact us here.
1) Locate a level campsite and securely stake down the tent, starting with the corners. Try and keep the tent as ‘square’ as possible. Springbar Tents must be staked down to function. This is the toughest part of the job, once the tent is staked down, you're 80% there.
2) Lay both ridgepoles on the top of the tent and slide the 36” steel tube onto one of them. Slide a solid steel tension rod through each sleeve and into the T-fitting. Make sure each rod is fully inserted into the T-fitting.
3) Extend the tension screw about 1-inch. Place the screw in the concave end of the opposite ridgepole and push down until the ridge poles are aligned—keep your face clear of the connection point. While still grasping the ridge pole to keep it aligned, Slide the 36” steel tube over the connection point until it is centered.
4) Grab one of two upright poles and set it to the shortest setting. Make sure the door of tent is unzipped to allow air to enter. Note* be mindful not to mistake an awning pole for an upright pole. Uprights are taller, larger in diameter, and have a shorter tip than awning poles. Lift the T-fitting and insert the tip of the upright into the slot at the bottom of the T-fitting, continue lifting and place the bottom of the pole behind the center stake.
5) Move to the opposite side of the tent and repeat step 4. The tent will now be up but slightly loose. Lengthen the uprights until the tent walls are taught but not too tight—excessive tension may damage the tent. Typically, 3 or 4 clicks is sufficient.
6) Grab a cold beverage & enjoy your camp.